How to Refresh Curly Asian Hair with a Diffusing Method Using Miss Jessie’s Multicultural Curls Cream and Clear Gel
To be perfectly honest, I prefer using the Miss Jessie’s ‘Multicultural Clear Gel‘ more when I’m combining it with the ‘Multicultural Curls Cream‘ as opposed to using it alone. In this curly hair refresh tutorial, I did a product cocktail combination of the gel and cream as I applied it to my hair. Do you have curly Asian hair that’s fine? You’ll love this tutorial!
This refresh routine is actually a follow up from my previous post-I recorded it the day after because I wanted to stay true to it being a refresh using the same product over and over again before the next washing cycle. The only difference is that on wash day, I air dried my hair whereas in this hair tutorial, I used a diffuser instead.
What I notice with using the ‘Multicultural Curls’ products from Miss Jessie’s is that my hair has a lot of texture to it, but I have more wavy hair than I do curly.
- Saturate hair with water. I am using a Flairosol 10 oz Fine Mist Sprayer from The Bucko Project (gifted).
- Apply a leave-in conditioner. I am using Mielle Organics ‘White Peony Leave In Conditioner’.
- Section hair in four (half up, half down, then split in half again) and clip up the top portion. I am using DevaClips by Deva Curl.
- Create a product cocktail combo in palm of hands using the Miss Jessie’s ‘Multicultural Curls Cream‘ and Multicultural Clear Gel.
- Coat hair strands using the “praying hands” method then scrunch hair up to encourage the curl.
- Set hair with hair spray. I am using the Fekkai ‘Soleil Beach Waves Spray’.
- Diffuse hair using warm heat on low settings. I am using a Conair 1875w Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer with its attachable diffuser. Here’s a similar blow dryer from the same brand.
- Scrunch out the crunch, but NOT with dry hands. It could potentially cause frizz, but this is also an opportunity to use something that’ll add shine to your hair. I reused the Miss Jessie’s ‘Multicultural Curls Cream‘.
- Run dry powder through roots and rake with fingers to add volume. I am using the SheaMoisture ‘Fruit Fusion Coconut Water’ Weightless Dry Shampoo.
Then fabulous, texturized hair is here! Want more curly hair articles? Check out my other posts featuring the things I learned during my curly hair journey, product reviews and more.